- April 1: Wellness Satsang ~ DIEts A Jewel in the Lotus, Islip – 7-9 pm. In this workshop, we will discuss: **Staple foods for a plant-based diet, to keep optimal levels of protein, iron, vitB. **Healthy greens without overdoing it-overcooking or over eating? **GF, Dairy-free, nightshade free…the difference b/w allergies and sensitivities and is elimination truly necessary? **A close look at fad diets; is weight loss really necessary, info about foods that may lead to weight loss/weight gain. $15 exchange or $10 for previous YTT’s of Jewel.
- April 7-10: 2016 Long Island Yarn Crawl Green Earth, 50 East Main, Riverhead, NY – 9-5pm Join us for the second annual Long Island Yarn Crawl April 7th - 10th. This self-guided tour of Long Island yarn shops is a great way to see what our local fiber community has to offer and meet other Long Island yarncrafters! We will be on site at Green Earth, to help feed the hungry crowd needing a recharge! This event is free (food pricing will be available at Green Earth).
- April 23: Chakra Immersion Series A Jewel in the Lotus, Islip – third Saturday of every month, 6:30-8:30pm. In this immersion, we will study the Chakra's and teach you how to balance them. This workshop will specifically focus on Svadhisthana, the second or sacral chakra of creaitivity. Each third Saturday of the month will focus on a specific chakra with yoga poses, meditation, mudras, basic information about the chakras, essential oils, foods, and so much more! We will individually test each chakra with a pendulum before and after each workshop, so you are aware of the transformation. The last session will be a summary in case you miss any during the immersion. This program can be taken as individual workshops, or as a series. Exchange: $35 each ($280 total) if taken individually, or $250 for all 8 (more than a 10% savings!)
- April 19: Edible Holistic Wellness 101 Middle Country Public Library – Selden Branch – 7-8:30pm. In this FREE event, will discuss the basics of eating organically, what a GMO is, the importance of eating seasonally, what raw food is and how to incorporate more of it into our daily lives. *Please note this is a free event, but you must be a patron of this library, to attend.
- April 24: Spring Launch Cooking Demo at OT Farm's monthly Green Fair Organics Today Farm, 169 Washington St, East Islip – 10am-3 pm. This event will be updated, as the date approaches. Pandora's Lunchbox and Pandora's Products are proud to team up with Organics Today Farm yet again, in an even greater capacity! This year in addition to offering our organic skincare products, we will be hosting a cooking demo. Farm to table...from OT Farm, to our pots and pans, into your belly! Come join us and get your organics on! This event is free, and the demo includes a tasting.
- April 30: Dinner and a Movie Cyrus: Chai & Coffee Company, Bay Shore – 6-8:30 pm. This month's feature film is "Goonies," which features a plant-based, organic tasting menu, inspired by this cult classic film! Doors open at 6, so come grab some coffee or tea, while waiting for the movie to begin at 6:30. Bring a date, bring a friend, or come alone! *Seating is limited for these engagements, so RSVP is required* $35/PERSON