September ’16 Events and details
Please click the title of each September event to be directed to further information on Facebook, as well as RSVP links. Thank you as always, for your interest in Holistic Wellness!
- *September 10: YOGA OPEN HOUSE Celebration Kundalini Yoga of Long Island, Northport—11am-3pm. FREE CLASSES ~ RAFFLES ~ FUN ~ GONG ~organic skincare ~plant-based snacks KYLI offers ALL types of Yoga from Basic to Kundalini! Try different yoga classes, holistic facials and other healing modalities. This event is free.
- *September 15: Easy plant-based cooking demo with take-home meals! The Golden Sparrow, Bayport – 3-6pm. Learn tricks on how to eat clean without breaking the bank!Not only will you help prepare the meals, but every attendee will leave with a serving of each item. Our goal is to teach everyone easy tricks for prepping meals, so you can stay on track with your health! Come join us and get your organics on, and learn how to make simple and fun recipes! Ask questions on substitutions for allergies/sensitivities, overall health, and anything else food-related.
- *September 17: Chakra Immersion Series - #6 Ajna A Jewel in the Lotus, Islip – 6-8pm. In this immersion, we will study the Chakra's and teach you how to balance them. This workshop will specifically focus on Ajna (the third eye chakra) with yoga poses, meditation, mudras, basic information about the chakras, essential oils, foods, and so much more! The last session will be a summary in case you miss any during the immersion. Exchange: $35 each
- *September 24: Dinner and a Movie - They Live Cyrus: Chai & Coffee Company, Bay Shore – 6:30-8:30pm. This month, enjoy a sci-fi classic from John Carpenter! For those who haven't seen it, this movie was chosen because of our feelings about the upcoming election. Once you see it, you'll understand what we mean! 🙂 Plus, it's got the greatest and longest fight scene EVER - what else would you expect when Rowdy Roddy Piper stars in a movie!?! Believe us when we say this event is out of this world! As always, our viewings feature a plant-based multi-course tasting menu, inspired by this cult classic film! Doors NOW open at 6:30, so come grab some coffee or tea, while waiting for the movie to begin at 7. Bring a date, bring a friend, or come alone! *Seating is limited for these engagements, so RSVP/PREPAY IS REQUIRED* $35/PERSON
- *September 25: FALL! Cooking Demo at OT Farm's monthly Green Fair Organics Today Farm, 169 Washington St, East Islip – 10am-1 pm. We are proud to team up with Organics Today Farm, to offer true Farm-to-Table meals! From OT Farm to our pots and pans, into your belly; come join us and get your organics on, ask cooking questions, sample free food (with options to purchase lunch and hang out with all of us), as well as learn from our cooking demo! Other vendors are on hand as well, answering questions about organic products, and offering their services. This event is free, and the demo includes a tasting.
- *September 29: Truth in Labeling Cold Spring Harbor Library, Cold Spring Harbor – 2-3:30pm. This is a FREE EVENT, open to the public! Join us in the fresh fall season, and learn how to read about the chemicals in our food, and what MSG really is, and how it’s used. We will also discuss GMO’s more, caffeine, sweeteners, flavor enhancers, and a host of other additives. This event is free, and is open to the public.
- *September 30: Tea & Tarot Spaliday Party, Cyrus: Chai & Coffee Company, Bay Shore—6-8 pm. What's a Tea & Tarot Spaliday Party? It's a night of relaxation, fun and learning more about your path in life (RSVP is required). Included in the price is a 15-minute tarot card reading, a cup of herbal tea by the brewmasters at Cyrus, and each attendee will create their own organic spray blend with Alicia. If you want to learn more about a spiritual practice or how to easily relax yourself, this is the spot to be! $35/PERSON.