Reading Time: < 1 minute For those interested in whole-food, low-fat, plant-powered meals that are non-GMO and organic, check this out!
Hope – Nutrition
Reading Time: 4 minutes Without external influences of the media or other forms of drama, the eagle continued building. It gave me hope and realigned my focus. Build… this is all temporary. I continued thinking about the future and the solution to the temporary pain humanity is facing:
- We are not prepared for a worldwide health crisis. Our comorbidities are staggering, and our finances are a mess. We don’t know what our “normal” body feels like, so how do we know if warmth is a hot flash or fever? How do we know the headache isn’t from seasonal allergies? Is your coughing and shortness of breath normal asthma or a symptom of the virus?
- We can survive with less than we think. Despite the hoarding we saw (or in spite of it), it’s clear we can survive on less “stuff.” I hope you learned to make do with less and if not, why not?
- We’re easily distracted unless we have bigger goals than what’s on the news or social media (SM). As I mentioned, I avoided SM and most emails for the past 5 months. Unless an email was a trusted source on boosting my immunity, building financial stability or a business, or offered an alternative viewpoint to what coworkers were discussing (AKA translating the news for me), I avoided external contact. I’m not a conspiracy theorist nor superhuman. I just know the negative effects of following the corrupted agenda of mainstream media.
- Progressive businesses always find alternate and new ways to share and connect with their tribes. I’ve seen incredible changes in business structures of friends, and new businesses emerge. To all of you making waves and moving forward, thank you. <3
- Society is a fragile illusion. This is an unsavory lesson I’ve accepted over the last few months. We’re watching as humanity collapses in front of us. We’re a nation of Karen’s and SM platforms censoring alternative, valid scientific evidence. As I heard today, when have you ever heard of a drug becoming as controversial as Hydroxychloroquine?
I’ve studied science and natural healing for over 20 years. I’ve never seen a single drug have such controversy; nor a nation so divided about whether we should open schools, wear masks, defund police, social distance, open businesses, or focus on race this much. I never imagined gyms and fitness studios would have to risk fines for doing their job of keeping us healthy. #DeFundTheMedia
Reading Time: 3 minutes I know how easy it is to fall off the wagon and I know how crappy it feels when I do. To avoid that, these are “required” foods in our house. These recipes help us stay on track by giving us quick dinner options during those moments of “screw it!” weakness.
Download all 5 here (for free) and let me know what you think in the comments below. Here’s to your vibrant health!
Reading Time: 2 minutes You’ve heard bits and pieces of my story throughout the years: in workshops, emails, friendly conversations, or during mentoring. I grew up fast, hard, and not under the best circumstances. My parents did the best they could, but they weren’t equipped for life…
They gave up their dreams of being a teacher (mom) and architect (dad).
There wasn’t a deep connection to “why” they wanted those things; when times got rough, they fell into complacency and troubled lives. March 2020 marks 21 years since my father died suddenly; February is 17 years since mom passed. Some days, telling their story and how it made me who I am is easy.
Reading Time: 10 minutes I’ve read countless stories of near-death recoveries, improved health at 70-years of age or more, and none of these are wealthy people with access to unlimited medical advances. We scoff at the simplicity of their recovery: eat more plants, sleep 7 or more hours, meditate, exercise 15 minutes daily, chase your crazy passions, and surround yourself with people who you love, admire, and who inspire you.
When I have heart-to-heart conversations with people about their level of health, the conversation turns to hopelessness, apathy, and a lack of motivation. Why? Because “healthy food doesn’t agree with me,” “I like my junk food too much,” “What does it matter? I’m 55, 70 years old (insert any age), and can’t change… what’s the point of trying?” “I want to enjoy my food,” or “I don’t want to give up sweets. It’s not like I’m looking for a new spouse, anyway.”
I ask again… “why ‘suffer’ to be healthy?” Because these people are on medication, routinely visit the doctor, are on disability, and can’t walk far, nor lift over 15 pounds. I hate watching helplessly, knowing how their family is suffering as a result of their false beliefs.
Reading Time: 3 minutes So, what’s the solution?
You and I have similar fears… we want to be healthy, we want our loved ones to be healthy, and we don’t want to spend a fortune getting there. I won’t give you any shortcuts—if you want a magic pill or quick route to health, I’m not the Influencer for you.
Like sickness, thriving wellness is an ongoing process. You didn’t get wherever you are overnight, nor can you leave there overnight. You found me because you want a better life.
I challenge you to enjoy the next level of true wellness!
Reading Time: 3 minutes P.S. There was a report on NPR yesterday about a massive sugar beet crop failure. The summary included information about the U.S. importing sugar from around the world. I laughed and yelled at the same time (to anyone driving past me when I had my outburst; I swear I’m not crazy!). I guarantee these are GMO crops… the same GMO crops that we’re told will “save the planet.”
The truth? GMO crops consistently fail. You cannot create a superior product to Nature. She’s spent millions of years perfecting DNA.
Reading Time: 3 minutes As we enter this new decade, consider:
- What big dream you like to accomplish? (Don’t think small—dream of the ultimate!)
- What needs to change in your life so you feel overall balance?
- What unique gifts or experiences can you share to make the world a better place?
Reaching your highest potential is never an easy nor linear path.
Reading Time: 3 minutes I’m in the throes of learning about Urban Gardening and closed-loop systems. My quest for next year’s edible bounty brought me to a short video you need to see, called “The Story of Stuff.”
It reminds me of my journey in life and the Mission Statement posted at the bottom of every email I send: Hope, Grace, Ancient Wisdom. There are very deep, personal reasons I create products and teach the topics I do:
- I recycle as often as possible because I hope the planet can heal and am saddened by the amount of waste we create.
- I keep my products affordable for the public without devaluing what I create, because I was Graced with an ability to help heal.
- I believe that following the older laws of nature is a better path than the current system of healing.