SOS (Secrets of Successful Nourishment) Challenge
March 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$30.00
Wednesday’s: 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24 (6-7:30 pm)
Join me for a 6-week health challenge that’s affordable and doable!
- Edible Holistic Wellness 101 – we discuss the basics of eating organically, what a GMO is, the importance of eating seasonally, and what raw food is. Learn how to read about the chemicals in our food, including caffeine, sweeteners, and flavor enhancers.
- Basic Food Pantry and our carbon footprint– we will discuss common items in a healthy pantry, the different food pyramids, and how our food decisions affect our planet. We’ll also look at food supplements, vitamins/minerals, and antioxidants.
- Water and food safety – learn about the different types of water, the dangers of our tap water, as well as how to improve our water quality. We will also discuss how food can be used to insulate us, and how to cope with eating and stress.
- High-level eating – fats, proteins, a balanced plant-based diet, being sustainable, and compassion thru our food.
- DIEt’s workshop – this workshop discusses Facts Not Fads! Staple foods for a plant-based diet, to keep optimal levels of protein, iron, vitamin B12. Healthy greens without overdoing it – overcooking or over eating? GF, Dairy-free, nightshade free and the difference between allergies and sensitivities. Is elimination truly necessary? A close look at fad diets; info about foods that may lead to weight loss/weight gain.
- Easy plant-based cooking demo –this workshop gives patrons a chance to create simple, seasonal and healthy meals. Includes: samples of the dishes, a Q&A session, and recipes. Patrons need to bring an apron, mixing bowls, mixing spoons, 2 containers for samples.