If you live in Maine, join me for low-cost programs in Dover-Foxcroft, Hampden, Orono, and Sullivan. All courses come with [FREE] email guidance after the course. You can find here a downloadable copy here: _Class details RSU’s Spring
RSU Dover-Foxcroft (PVAEC)
- SOS (Secrets of Successful Nourishment) Challenge – $30 – Wednesday’s: 3/20, 3/27, 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24 (6-7:30 pm) Join me for a 6-week health challenge that’s affordable and doable!
- Edible Holistic Wellness 101 – we discuss the basics of eating organically, what a GMO is, the importance of eating seasonally, and what raw food is. Learn how to read about the chemicals in our food, including caffeine, sweeteners, and flavor enhancers.
- Basic Food Pantry and our carbon footprint–we will discuss common items in a healthy pantry, the different food pyramids, and how our food decisions affect our planet. We’ll also look at food supplements, vitamins/minerals, and antioxidants.
- Water and food safety–learn about the different types of water, the dangers of our tap water, as well as how to improve our water quality. We will also discuss how food can be used to insulate us, and how to cope with eating and stress.
- High-level eating–fats, proteins, a balanced plant-based diet, being sustainable, and compassion thru our food.
- DIEt’s workshop–this workshop discusses Facts Not Fads! Staple foods for a plant-based diet, to keep optimal levels of protein, iron, vitamin B12. Healthy greens without overdoing it – overcooking or over eating? GF, Dairy-free, nightshade free and the difference between allergies and sensitivities. Is elimination truly necessary? A close look at fad diets; info about foods that may lead to weight loss/weight gain.
- Easy plant-based cooking demo–this workshop gives patrons a chance to create simple, seasonal and healthy meals. Includes: samples of the dishes, a Q&A session, and recipes. Patrons need to bring an apron, mixing bowls, mixing spoons, 2 containers for samples.
- Herbal Basics – $10—Tuesday: 4/30 (6-7:30 pm) Before you pull those pesky weeds from your garden, let’s talk about 6 herbs for relaxation, as well as information on the importance of safely incorporating herbs into our daily routines.
- Nourishment for the Outside – $20—Tuesday’s: 6/4, 6/11 6/18 (6-7:30 pm)
In these skin care workshops I’ll teach you how to
- Read labels and explain how our skin absorbs nutrients. We will also cover the importance of organic skin care and run thru a basic skin care routine.
- Learn and play I – this workshop covers the basics on essential oil safety and allows patrons to make their own blend that they can take home with them.
- Learn and play II– in this workshop, patrons will make their own massage oil and salve that they can take home with them.
- Transformation 101 – $30—Tuesday’s: 6/25, 7/2, 7/9 (6-7:30 pm) Transformation = Empowerment. Learn to separate fact from fad! In this 3-week course, you’ll learn how important sleep, meditation & exercise really are. You’ll learn how to nourish all your senses, get pantry basics, see how digestion works & how to shop for groceries.
- Herbal Basics – $11—ORONO Mon: 2/25 (6-7:30 pm), HAMPDEN: Thurs: 2/28 (6-7:30 pm) What many people consider weeds are actually quite healing! This class will introduce you to herbal medicine—learn about 6 common herbs that may be growing in your yard that are great for relaxation. We’ll also discuss general information on the importance of incorporating herbs into our daily routines and how to safely ingest them.
Alicia is a certified Usui Reiki Master Practitioner and obtained her Masters in Holistic Wellness. Alicia is also an elder Greenfire Wisewoman Melissa, which encompasses a lineage of training in herbs, aromatherapy, crystals, and chakra therapies.
- Make & Take Organic Spray – $16—ORONO Mon: 3/4 (6-7:30 pm), HAMPDEN: Thurs: 3/7 (6-7:30 pm) Create your own organic spray blend & learn the importance of organic skincare & essential oils. Your spray blend will be great for cars, clothes, skin, pillows, rooms, or as a gift! We’ll also talk about the importance of organic skincare, the proper use of essential oils and how to look for reputable companies. A Q&A session and recipes will be included in the workshop.
Alicia has created organic skincare products since 2007, has a Masters in Holistic Wellness, and began creating skincare products because of her own skin sensitivities. Alicia is not affiliated with any essential oil company.
- Easy Plant-based Cooking Demo – $16—ORONO Mon: 3/11 (6-7:30 pm), HAMPDEN: Thurs: 3/14 (6-7:30 pm) In this interactive workshop, you’ll prepare the meal below & every attendee will leave with samples of each item they prepare. Patrons will also enjoy a Q&A session and will receive the recipes to take home. Please bring an apron, mixing bowls & spoons, as well as a container for your meal. This menu is 100% plant-based and is gluten and soy-free: sautéed seasonal baby greens in a cashew creme sauce alongside her Pandorable Patty – possibly the healthiest, easiest, and tastiest veggie burger you’ve ever had!
As the proprietor of Pandora’s Lunchbox, Alicia has offered plant-powered meals since 2007 & has a Masters in Holistic Wellness. She has been teaching healing & nutrition since 2013.
- Edible Holistic Wellness 101: Preparing for Success – $9 – ORONO Mon: 3/18 (6-7:30 pm), HAMPDEN: Thurs: 3/21 (6-7:30 pm) In this workshop, learn about clean foods to have on hand, the importance of seasoning with herbs & spices, and how to read ingredient labels. We’ll also discuss clever marketing scams and how to shop and prep foods for success. Food doesn’t have to be complicated—learn how easy and inexpensive healthy eating really is! A Q&A session and handouts will be provided.
- Transformation 101—$29 – 3/30, 4/13, 4/27 (9-10:30 am Room 1) Join me as I guide you through the basics of health and wellness with topics such as: mind, body, spirit awareness, nutrition, and marketing scams. I’ve dedicated over 20 years researching natural and alternative forms of healing; my objective is to help you cut through all of the misinformation and confusion so you can lead a natural, sensible, empowered existence. There is a middle road between medicine and nature, and I’m here to help you find it! This class meets every other Saturday.
- Plant-Based Nutrition & Cooking—$67 – 3/30, 4/13, 4/27 (11-1 pm Kitchen) Food affects our health, energy and well-being, and its nutrients help with growth, metabolism and repair. I’ll cover the basics of nutrition from what is in our food to the physiology of digestion, metabolism and glucose/fat processing. Along the way we’ll talk about portion control, shopping, reading labels and food prep. Each week we’ll begin with a talk on nutrition and then move into the kitchen to cook up a nourishing plant-based meal to enjoy for our lunch. This class meets every other Saturday, directly following my Transformation 101 course.