What food has all the nutrients? What are your favorite healthy eating tips?
I’ll keep this one short, sweet, and direct: there’s no food that has all the nutrients the human body needs, despite what clever marketers want us to believe. Eat a varied diet of whole grains, veggies, legumes, intact fats, and fruits… “the rainbow,” as they say. Each color of the rainbow has specific nutrients your body needs daily, and all plant foods have essential & non-essential amino acids and sufficient fat & protein. All the foods I listed also contain fiber, and overlooked “nutrient”—grains are especially high in fiber. Let’s dismantle the myth of “grain belly, grain brain, grains are evil” … it’s not only an incorrect belief for most people, but it’s an unsustainable for our species and can lead to future digestive issues.
To dive a lil deeper into nutrition,
- Focus on low-calorie, nutrient-dense foods at each meal.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Focus on fiber and lowering fat, instead of banning carbs and veggies.
- Focus on whole foods rather than overly-processed foods.
- Breathe before you eat… pause, offer gratitude, and ingest your food with all 5 senses.
Here’s an infograph I created, showing how easy it is to get all the foods you need for optimal health, while focusing on my favorite eating tips: (click here for a downloadable PDF)
Someone previously stated human milk is the one food containing all nutrients, which is true… I didn’t include that, since most of us don’t have access to human milk after 2 years.